Who are eCOGRA?
eCOGRA stands for the eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance. They are a London based internationally approved testing agency and player protection and standards organization.
They were established in the United Kingdom in 2003 and were the first testing laboratory that specialized in online gambling in various jurisdictions. The company’s focus then moved from pure self- regulation to player protection by ensuring regulatory compliance services.
eCOGRA is approved as a testing agency, inspection body and designated certification entity in the following online gambling jurisdictions:
- Czech Republic
- Great Britain
- Isle of Man
- New Jersey
- First Cagayan
eCOGRA’s Policy Objectives:
At eCOGRA they focus on the following policy objectives that are in line with their self-regulatory services:
- Protecting vulnerable customers
- Preventing underage gambling
- Combating fraudulent and criminal behavior
- Protecting customers privacy and safeguarding their private and personal information
- Ensuring payments are made promptly to customers
- Fair Gaming which is done using RNG (Random Number Generators) and game evaluations
- Responsible and honest marketing
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and support
- Ensuring that casinos offer a safe, secure and reliable operating environment
eCOGRA is a name synonymous with safe, secure and reliable online casinos. Therefore when you see the eCOGRA certification on an Online Casino like Villento Casino or Platinum Play Casino, you know you have chosen correctly. They currently monitor over 220 leading gambling web sites day to day operations and have managed to achieve the United Kingdom Accreditation Services ISO approval which is a major achievement. This Regulatory Authority continues to implement best practice standards and constant monitoring of internet gambling.