Blackjack And Live Dealers Online A Simple Introduction
Blackjack online is a popular interactive card game. it’s also called ‘twenty-one’ as this number is essential to the game’s objective, which is to beat the dealer. Beating the dealer can be achieved in three ways:
- Having a higher hand value than the dealer’s hand value
- Dealer drawing a hand value of over 21.
- Having a hand value of 21 on the first two cards (Blackjack/Natural)
To begin the game of Online Blackjack, the player is dealt two cards face up, and the dealer is allocated 2 cards, one face up and one face down (the hole card).
Understanding a Deck of Cards and Card Values
A deck of cards has 52 cards. Blackjack can be offered in a single, double, 4, 6 or 8 deck. Cards 2 to 10 hold their face value, that is, the exact value printed on them. A Queen, a King, and a Jack hold a value of 10.
An Ace can either hold a value of 1 or 11, an 11 in most cases, and a 1 in the event the hand risks going over 21 ( you burst, dealer wins).
A hand holding an Ace with an 11 value is called a soft hand. The rest are hard hands, your best hand is the one holding an Ace with any ten-value card, called a Natural Blackjack or commonly termed…”Blackjack”.
Basics of Playing Blackjack Online
After the dealer deals the cards, the player has several options.
- Stand: If the player is satisfied with the total value, he stands passes the game to the next player.
- Hit: If the player wants another card, they ask for another card. Depending on the total, the player can decide to Stand or Hit.
- Double Down: A player can double their bet by receiving another card.
- Split: Two cards with the same value can be split into two hands. This effectively demands another bet to be made.
- Surrender: If a player surrenders, half his bet is taken by the dealer.
Different Kinds Of Online Blackjack Games
- Classic Blackjack: This is the oldest, most popular variation of online blackjack. It can be played with 1 to 8 decks. The rules are as described above, the hand that reaches natural or 21 without bursting wins.
- Progressive Online Blackjack: It is almost similar to regular blackjack except for the rules regarding Splitting, Hitting, Doubling-down, and Standing are a bit different. The win (or the jackpot) also keeps increasing in value.
- European Online Blackjack: It is played with two decks. The participant is dealt 2 cards face up while the dealer has one card face up. The other card is only dealt when the online player decides on how to play his cards.
- Atlantic City Blackjack: It is played with 8 decks. The dealer can peek at the hole card and can Stand on a soft 17. Players are allowed to re-split up to 3 hands. It allows a late surrender and insurance option.
- Spanish Blackjack: It is played with 6 or 8 cards. All 10 value cards are removed, leaving 48. It allows insurance and late surrender after doubling down.
- Super Fun 21: Super Fun 21 is available in single-player and multi-player format and is great for Online Blackjack fanatics with fun side bets. The game is played with a single deck of cards that are shuffled at the end of each online game.Super Fun 21 online Blackjack table bets range from $5 to $100, with the bonus side bet at $1. The rules are a bit more lenient in this version of Blackjack when it comes to splitting and doubling down, the pay outs are also slightly different.The dealer will hit a soft 17. Doubling Down can take place after a split, on split aces, and on any number of cards. Splitting may occur with up to three hands. Late surrender is optional on any number of cards at the cost of half of the total bet. Winning hands, including Blackjack are paid out at 1:1. 5-Card Tricks, which is a 5+ card hand totaling 21, will pay out 2:1. 6-Card Tricks, which total 20 or less, will pay out 1:1. Non-Blackjack ties are a push; Blackjack ties will be awarded to the player.The main focus of Super Fun 21 blackjack game is the side bet and Blackjack players will find many ways to get more winnings from their bets e.g. the little $1 side bet will give 300:1 odds if you get a Blackjack wearing only Diamonds. Even if a side bet is not played and you get Blackjack, you will still get a slightly better pay out.
- Blackjack 3 Hand: Online Blackjack 3 Hand has become increasingly popular amongst Blackjack players worldwide. It is Blackjack with a bit of a twist, where gamblers can play with 3 hands dealt from a standard 52 pack of cards. Since gamblers will be playing with more than one hand, this game will involve plenty of skill and strategy in order for a player to be successful and win. The aim of Blackjack 3 hand, the game and the rules in Blackjack 3 Hand are the same as the normal Blackjack.
Players need to reach a total of 21, which is called ‘Blackjack’, without exceeding it. Should a player get over 21 then it is called a ‘Bust’. If players need an extra card to get them closer to 21, then this is called a ‘Hit’. K, Q, J and 10 all count as 10, and an Ace counts as 1 or 11. This version of Blackjack is a little different to the normal single hand. A card will first be dealt to all three hands and then one will be dealt to the dealer. The players will then be dealt a second hand, and the dealer will only be dealt his next card once the gamblers have played. Blackjack players can wager and play 3 different hands, and the dealer can draw up to 16 but must stand when he reaches 17. Players can bet from as little as 1c up to $100, with the maximum wager being $300.00.
Blackjack Tournaments Online
With Online Blackjack tournaments, each player is assigned to a specific Online Blackjack table with an avatar, a specific amount of time and a number of hands. Everyone has the same bankroll. Here, as a player, you become the winner if you’ve got more money. The table finalists compete against themselves for the top prize. These tournaments charge an entry fee which can be returned when the tournament is over, with the winnings a player may get. There are several online tournaments offered by casinos around the world. One can check daily, weekly, or monthly listings on online gaming websites.
The casino dealer has the advantage over the players by a set of rules designed to favour the dealer. It depends on the player’s preparation, practice, and decision making to gain the upper hand against the opponent. Unlike other casino games, with the right strategy, one is almost guaranteed a win.
Types Of Online Blackjack Tournaments
Blackjack tournaments are hugely popular and one of the most played table games online. Tournaments are designed not just for the most experienced or professional Blackjack player as many casinos offer Blackjack beginner classes where novice players can develop their skills and strategies before entering advanced blackjack tournaments online. Many blackjack professionals started their careers in blackjack with beginner classes, progressing into Freeroll or Sit ‘n Go tournaments before having the confidence to enter into other experienced Blackjack tournaments:
- Single Table & Multi Table Blackjack Tournaments
There is a difference between single table and multi-table tournaments, both are popular and simple. As the tournament names suggest, single table tournaments are enjoyed on a single blackjack table while multi-table blackjack are several games played on multiple tables.Multi-table tournaments are in most cases, played with knock out or elimination rules, meaning the number of tables are reduced as players are knocked out until the final Blackjack table is left in play with the remaining players left to battle it out.
- Sit and Go Blackjack Tournaments
Sit and Go Blackjack tournaments have no definite starting time and the game will begin once there are enough blackjack players have entered the game. All scheduled Blackjack tournaments start at a specified time. Be sure to register as soon as registration is open as there is a fee payable to join the tournament.
- Freeroll Blackjack Tournaments
Freeroll Blackjack tournaments, as the name suggests are free to entre. The good thing about Freeroll tournaments is that there is a game prize at the end of the tournament usually offered by the casino and are offered as an incentive to attract players.
- Guaranteed Blackjack Tournaments
Guaranteed Blackjack tournaments start with a minimum prize pool no matter how many players there are. Your prize pool is paid out regardless if entry fees don’t cover the prize pool. Casinos put a guaranteed prize pool up too encourage more players, which often means that the guarantee is covered by the entry fees.
- Rebuy Blackjack Tournaments
With Rebuy Blackjack tournaments you are able to rebuy more chips if you lose your entry chips. This advantage allows you to place higher bets without the worry of being eliminated. You will pay a fee for rebuy’s that is mostly similar to the entrance fee. Rebuy fees are usually included to the prize pool.
- Satellite Blackjack Tournaments
Satellite tournaments don’t offer cash prizes to its winners, instead, consider entering into higher valued blackjack tournaments with bigger prizes.
5 Best Live Dealer Blackjack Rooms
Getting started with the best blackjack room is important, we listed 5 of the best Blackjack rooms available on your mobile and desktop. You can play blackjack with live dealers or play on the standard tables if you wish. if you would like to choose other blackjack rooms, check out our best 20 online casinos for more info and welcome offers as a new client.
#1 Leo Vegas Live Dealer Blackjack
Leo Vegas is an excellent online casino and supports one of the best Blackjack platforms for desktop and mobile gaming each support live dealer and ordinary table games. Under license by Malta Gaming Authority, UK Gambling Commission & Danish Gambling Authority you’re in safe hands. Blackjack players from UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and the EU are accepted.
#2 Betway Live Dealer Blackjack
Mobile casino Betway offers excellent Blackjack games and tournaments. Betway also offers table games for Blackjack and HD Live Dealers of the best mobile experience. Betway accepts Blackjack players from UK, Canada and New Zealand. New depositing clients are entitled to a special welcome bonus offer.
#3 Energy Casino Live Dealer
Energy casino, extremely popular hangout for both novice and pro blackjack players. Blackjack games include multi-hand blackjack where novice players learn their skills and pro’s like to get one on one with the dealer. Energy casino supports Live dealer blackjack for mobile and desktop clients. New registering clients from Canada, New Zealand, EU and UK are accepted. Welcome cash offers are available for new clients.
#4 BAO Live Dealer Blackjack
BAO Casino boasts an impressive Blackjack collection including live dealer blackjack. Play on your mobile or desktop to enjoy table games and tournaments alike. Licensed by the Curacao Gaming Commission ensuring safe and trusted gaming. BAO accepts new players from EU, UK Canada and New Zealand. New clients are entitled to a great welcome offer.
#5 Guts Live Dealer Blackjack
Guts one of the most honorable casinos, takes Blackjack games and tournaments to a new level advanced live dealer technology ensure mobile players are in touch with every move. Guts is licensed under the laws of Malta Gaming Authority and the UK Gambling Commission. New clients enjoy welcome offers suited to clients from Canada, EU, New Zealand and UK.
Blackjack And Live Dealers Online A Simple Introduction